Fresh Faced



Ever since becoming pregnant with Copeland my skin has sort of taken a turn for the worse or maybe it's just my age. Whatever it may be, it's definitely not fun and I'm quickly learning how important it is to take care of your skin. I hate admitting this but about for a full year in high school I use to tan about 4 times a week! I know how awful that is and I could kick myself for it now. It wasn't until my mom started telling me how bad tanning is for you that I gave it up completely and I'm pretty shocked that tanning salons are even still in business. I mean besides for sunless tanning, I'm all about the fake bake now! 

Anyway, I'm getting off track. So my mom grew up in California. She was a total beach babe and would tell me stories about how she'd bake for hours in Newport and Laguna, surf and just soak up the beautiful California sun. I can see her now in all of her 70's hippie glory haha. Fast forward to now and she has ingrained in my mind how horrible the sun is, how she wish she could take it all back and get rid of the sun spots without having to pay for laser treatments. She would talk about how important a moisturizer, sunscreen and sleeping on silk pillowcases are and I always just blew it off. My 17 year old self would think "okay mom, I get it but that won't happen to my skin." HA! Mothers know best, right? 

So here I am, two years away from 30 and wishing I would have taken better care of my skin. But it's better late than never, right? 

Let me take you into my skin care routine. 
I've been noticing lately how dull my skin is. ( I also remember my mom talking about this and thinking how the heck can your skin ever get dull. Needless to say I was 16 and had the oiliest of skin) But here I am 28 with the dullest skin you guys! I finally get it haha! I've been looking for something to help bring back the brightness to my face and soften it up a bit. For that I've found that using a microdermabrasion polish has helped a ton along with using my Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa system to help remove the dead skin cells. I can't say enough good things about this brush! My mom always tried to get me to buy one and I never thought they'd be worth the money but holy smokes you guys THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY!

Side note** Vanity Planet has been so nice though to offer my readers a 70% promo Click Here  to purchase your ultimate skin spa for only $38! Thank you Vanity Planet // 

So after I get done cleansing my face I use a toner. You can sort of tell from the photo above that I have pretty uneven skin tone. It's a huge reason why I prefer to wear full coverage makeup. I have such awkward dark splotches, horrible reddish brown circles around my eyes and I also use a tanning mousse but never apply it to my face so my face is always much paler than my body. A toner helps my skin tone become more even so that has been a must for me lately. 

Next up is my rose hibiscus hydrating face mist. I truly love this stuff. It smells so yummy and is made up of coconut water, witch hazel, aloe vera, rose and hibiscus. The amzon reviews convinced me into this purchase and I couldn't be happier with it!

Lastly I use my collagen day/night crem, although I rarely put this on in the morning (it's a bit too thick to use with my makeup) I love it for night! 

If you have any questions let me know, I'd be happy to answer anything!