Back Porch Makeover


butterfly chairs-thrifted | macrame hangin planter- thirfted | other pillows-DIY
black & white rug- walmart (old)

I'm trying hard to remember that the days are long but the years are short. It seems Finn is no where near the end of this crying/screaming phase. We thought he might be last week but nope! He tricked us. I'm trying hard to be the best mama I can for him and Copeland. But gosh, it's been hard and REAL. Instagram has a way of making things look great, doesn't it ;) I love that but I love being able to come here and share the real life struggles. 

We're going in for a second opinion since the pediatrician we took Finn to had no clue and no advice to give other than "it's normal". I personally don't think that a constantly disgruntled baby is normal. I'm changing my diet completely to hopefully help any gas pain that my milk may be causing and I'm really hoping that either a. we'll be able to figure out what is wrong, if anything!, from this new doctor or b. that this period of unhappiness will pass and soon! 

It seems the past few months I've been consumed with being a mother (and for good reason!) but I've been really neglecting Josh. By the time he's home from work my nerves are just about shot and I'm ready to call it a night but I've been trying so hard to not only be a good mom but a wife to my husband as well. I've always told myself that Josh comes first and the babies come second but I find myself quickly getting those two things turned around. 

Some things I've been trying to do lately to make my husband feel like he is our rock is text him during the day just to let him know I think he's pretty dang amazing! I like to let him know how much we love him and how grateful we are that he is my husband and our babies father. I thank him for being so patient as I work my way around juggling two babies and trying to keep a home. Something else we've done recently is get rid of our TV. I know, crazy huh?! I mean, okay we do have Netflix (or are at least borrowing our friends log in, thanks Chase & Brette!) but we're quickly finding that we don't even enjoy watching TV anymore. The only things I seem to watch on Netflix are documentaries, mostly revolving around food haha! But that's beside the point. 

The point I am trying to make is that since getting rid of our TV we've been spending every night in our backyard instead of flippin' through trashy reality shows. For while the back porch was looking pretty dumpy and we didn't really enjoy being out there too much so once we got this Walker Edison sectional set and added a few cute accents from Jade Magnolia Home it's become our absolute favorite place to be. The sectional is so comfortable and big enough for all of us to lounge around on. I love that this back porch feels like an extension of home and how cozy it is now!

We've been BBQing lots more... or going to In-N-Out and taking it home to eat in the backyard ;) We've made countless s'mores and have stargazed almost every night. It's been so needed for our entire family to be able to come out here to our little sanctuary, unwind and get back in touch with each other. We sure are going to miss these summer nights!



OH! I wanted to share few pictures from Copeland's birthday. He turned 3 you guys!

^THREE!^
^^ frozen yogurt day date with my mom, sister and nieces^^
Finn was not impressed...per usual 




2 comments :

Elizabeth Chiaramonte said...

Sorry Finn is still having a hard time! Being a mama is tough, especially to a toddler and a fussy baby. I know exactly how you feel as we are in the same boat over here too. You're a good mama though and I know it'll get easier!!

HelloCopeland said...

Oh mama, I'm so sorry you're also going through it. It is tough! Finn gives us small 10-15 minutes break during the day but for the most part I have to be holding him and even then he still is fussy and crying. So hard! And thank you your sweet words, you sound like an amazing mother yourself!