Cook with Me || Homemade Pizza on the Grill


If you'd rather not watch the video, here's the gist of it all :)


Lets start with the dough! 
I've never made homemade dough before. Ever. 

When Josh and I went up to my mother in laws the other night and
she was telling me all about this great recipe for homemade pizza,
I knew I had to give it a try! 

side note* my mother in law is thee best cook EVER! 
Everything she makes is amazing!

Anyway, I LOVE pizza so much! 
And homemade? Even better! 

I headed to the market that night to get just a few things; cornmeal and yeast.
I chose to use the pizza dough yeast, but you can use bread yeast as well. 

Making the dough is as simple as following the instructions on the back of the yeast packet!
So easy you guys!

not pictured: water & olive oil 
Please read the yeast packet instructions for exact measurements.


I made my dough in the morning and let it sit while Josh was at work.
If you choose to use the pizza crust yeast, like I did, you don't have to do this, but I chose to. 

When you're ready to make the pizza, just pull out your dough, stretch it to size and 
spread a little olive oil on the top and plop it on the grill!



I prefer LOTS of toppings!

Have fun and if you have small kids, this will probably be
really fun for them to choose their own toppings!

Once your crust cooks on the grill for about 5 minutes,
spread a little more olive oil on the top, flip it and start adding your
toppings!

I chose marinara sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, olives, tomato and basil!
Mmmmm!

Cover and cook another 10-15 minutes and enjoy!






1 comment :

Taylor Barnes Pilkington said...

Looks absolutely DELICIOUS! I will definitely try this! Oh, and your pictures are fantastic by the way!