Party Animals || First Birthday












So.
I've already started thinking about (okay and planning and buying for) Copelands 1st!

I can't believe my little guy, who I had only 8 short months ago is turning 1 this summer! 
HOW?! 
I remember that morning in the hospital like it was yesterday.
The first nights home with him like it happened last night. 

He has grown so much, is learning a ton and is a complete joy in our lives. 

We cannot to wait to celebrate him and his big day! 

If you know me, you know it takes me a long time to plan things. 
It took me 8+ months to plan my wedding and so naturally I already started planning 
Copelands 1st birthday which is still 2 months away! 

I am so excited about it and sad at the same time.  
I'm sure all mothers would agree, the first year went by too fast.

When I first started brainstorming ideas for his birthday I was set
on a circus themed party, but thought it would be pretty expensive 
to pull everything off that I wanted to. We definitely don't want to 
break the bank for a 1 year olds birthday. 

I then started thinking about Copeland and his super cute personality. 
What would he love and what would make him happy?

He LOVES music. He will clap and wiggle every time there is music on and I start dancing. 
He LOVES colors! His favorite books are super bright and full of colorful things.
He LOVES food and yes I even let him try some frosting off a cupcake and he fell hard for it. 
And he is pretty obsessed with his toy animals! 

That's when it hit me, my son is total Party Animal ;)

I'll be able to use some cute plastic toy animals (in party hats obvi.)
and lots of balloons and tissue paper for decorating!
It will be colorful, bright, happy and fun
Just like Copeland :)

We are planning on having it in the backyard with some fun backyard games and a BBQ. 
I'm also planning on some pretty cheap DIY projects for it that I can't wait to share!

-------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>> ALSO! <<<<<
I will be making my "Get to Know Me" video this week so if you've got a question, 
leave it in the comments below and I will be sure to answer it! I can't wait to see 
what you guys want to know! :) 









10 comments :

Jennifer Sabino said...

Aw how exciting! A circus theme is adorable for a 1st birthday party! I love planning things like this...from unique food to the decor!

Jennifer
Www.jennifersblogbook.blogspot.com

Kate Fischer said...

I know for a fact those cake batter confetti cookies are to die!

Anonymous said...

Question: Are you still breastfeeding?

Val @ Chicken Scratch. said...

adorable theme!! I love all your inspiration photos!

Living Out of Wedlock said...

So exciting! The theme sounds so cute and I can't wait to see the outcome!

Kelly Linn Feller said...

So cute! My daughter's first birthday was so much fun to plan :) I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

XO Kelly
www.dettecakes.com

Taylor-Jean Rackley said...

What do you use to edit your videos?
xx, Taylor

angie said...

What a FUN party theme! Planning my daughter's Birthday parties has been the MOST FUN.. I LOVE it! You should try my tutorial for chocolate dipped marshmallows as a fun party favor {http://acreativebuzz.com/cook/chocolate-dipped-marshmallows/} OR my paint swatch garland to decorate {http://acreativebuzz.com/create/create-paint-swatch-garland/}. Can't wait to see how everything comes together :)

Anonymous said...

Are you still breastfeeding? If so, has it made it difficult your fitness journey?? My little girl is 9 months old and I know that my diet would be different if I wasn't still breastfeeding!

Anonymous said...

What is josh going to school for?? I know you mention him taking classes pretty frequently. And do you work or do you get to be a stay at home mommy?