|| Mother's Day Weekend ||

Happy {belated} Mothers Day to all you mommas!
I hope you were all spoiled :)





I can't even find the words to express how blessed I feel.

Becoming a mother is something that terrified me in so many ways, 
but now that I am one, it's just the most fulfilling job. Motherhood can be 
challenging at times. Waking up in the middle of the night to a crying baby 
will never be easy, but there is nothing like having someone need you so 
much and love you so incredibly. I still get butterflies when my little man is 
sitting on the floor and looks up at me with his arms reaching for me to hold him. 
He is the biggest blessing I've ever received and I can never thank God enough 
for giving him to me. 

I do feel quite lucky to have such a mellow baby though, so I can't complain too much. 
He rarely cries or whines. (Or maybe he cries just as much as any other baby, 
but I was just expecting the absolute worst?) whichever it is, he definitely has his 
daddy's laid back attitude. He sleeps in with me til 10, which I don't know how that happened!? 
He must have been watching us from heaven and knew his daddy and I liked to sleep in ;) 

I seriously cannot wait to give him siblings someday! 
Being a mom is truly the most special gift!

Anyway, we had a nice little weekend. 
Josh worked at the golf course Saturday morning and that afternoon we 
headed down to an outdoor shopping center in a few cities over from us. 
We enjoyed walking around, a little shopping and lunch at a burger joint. 

For Mother's Day on Sunday, I got to wake up to some yummy 
Nutella & strawberry waffles in bed. It was the cutest thing when Josh came in 
and Copeland was just crawling as fast as he could after him and when he 
peeked around the door and saw me he got all bashful and had the cutest little smile.
I wish I had my video camera near by! 

That afternoon we started prepping dinner for my mom and mother in law. 
We Bbq'd some chicken and corn on the cob. We also had to make some 
strawberry shortcake, because it's pretty much the best thing ever :) 

It was the perfect first Mother's Day. 
I just love my little family so much :) 

|| Psst... ||
 I've got some fun, cheap & easy DIY's coming this month 
and some pretty amazing product reviews! So stay tuned :)


4 comments :

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!! Looks like it was fabulous!!! xoxo

Val @ Chicken Scratch. said...

perfect. just perfect.

Megan Depczynski said...

Love your blog..your family is so adorable. My baby boy is 6 weeks old and I can not wait until he starts smiling at me!
I'm sorry if you get asked this all of the time, but what camera do you use? All of your photos come out so beautifully I can not help but ask! I would love to have little photo shoots with my little man.

Kate Fischer said...

Such a gorg fam!