Mini Vacation: Orange County

This past week we decided to hop on a plane and head to Orange to see my dad. 
My dad had a voucher for 3 tickets for Southwest so me, Josh and my mom used them
because when you get free plane tickets, you don't turn them down! 




Copeland did AMAZING on the plane. 
I was so nervous he would freak. 
But nope, on the way there he just passed out before we even took off ha!


He woke up on the decend and was SO happy! 
He was flirting with the flight attendants and the ladies who were sitting behind us.
He is always smiling at the ladies :)


We had a layover in Vegas since we were flying into Orange County and not LAX. 
It was a nice break from the plane so we walked around, got some dinner 
and played with toys while waiting for our plane. 

oh, and took lots of pictures :)



Back on the plane and Copeland loved looking out the window!
His eyes got so big and his jaw dropped. 
It was pretty cute :)


We finally arrived at the hotel around 10 pm. 

It was beautiful! 
Coepland passed out as soon as we got into bed and slept all night! 
He was pretty tuckered out.

The 75 degree weather was so amazing!

The inside of the hotel was incredible!
Waking up to this every  morning was not hard at all ;)

Copeland was pretty content whole time. 
We tried to keep his napping schedule in mind. 

We would wake up around 8, go to breakfast in the hotel 
and come back to the room and get ready around 10. 
I would nurse Copeland before I got ready and then put him down for a nap. 
This made for a much happier babe :)



I'm pretty sure he loved the weather too!
Being outside everyday was so nice :)

Thursday we headed to Rodeo Drive for lunch. 

We ate at a cafe outside and just people watched, which was quite entertaining 
and then walked up the road and went in a few stores.





Oh and of course we had to get some cupcakes too, in honor of Valentines!



This was the first time we have put Cope in an upright position in the stroller and he LOVED it!
Such a big boy already :)







Rodeo was nothing like I imagined but was definitely an experience. 

That night we drove down to the Santa Monica pier to watch the sunset and got some corn dogs and fries :)
My favorite. 



My little nakey babe :)


Nap time at the hotel


Friday we drove down to Huntington and got lunch at Dukes on the beach and did a little shopping. 
It was such a beautiful day!




Love my parents :)



Shopping in Huntington. 


Even though it cooled off in the evenings we HAD to go down to the shore
to watch the sunset. 







Saturday morning we got and headed to the Orange County Swap Meet. 



And that night we went to dinner at The Lazy Dog.


Mirror selfies with my little ham :)




We were dying to go to Disneyland but figured it would be a mad house 
on Valentines weekend so we went to Downtown Disney to get some ice cream instead :)
I cannot wait to take this little guy to Disneyland someday!


Wiped out baby :)


Love my dad. 




Yep, I totally pigged out :)
I regret nothing. 

Early morning swim sesh. 




My little man, getting ready for Balboa Island. 



Nap time again :)




Sunday before we left for home, we made a last stop at Balboa Island for shopping and lunch :)


It was the perfect day!



Copeland was cracking everyone up in his sunnies :)


We had the best time and traveling with a little babe was much easier than I had anticipated. 
Copeland did amazing the whole time!

But if I had to share some advice, this is what we did and what seemed to work for us. 

- Arrive to the airport early. Walk around, bounce, jump, play with the babes. Do diaper changes and everything before you board. Once boarded, I started nursing and by the time we were in the air Copeland was asleep :) On the way home he did wake up during the flight so I had his favorite stuffed animal close by along with a couple other small toys and the iPad with his favorite baby apps. 

- Try to plan around nap time. The days we were out during nap time were harder because Copeland was so tired, rubbing his eyes and fussing. Thankfully it takes an hour to get anywhere in California due to traffic, so he would get a nap in during the travel time, but it was much nicer if he were able to nap in the hotel room. 

- We really didn't need half of the things I brought for him. I had toys, too many clothes and about 5 blankets! Yes, I'm a new mom and had no idea what to bring. We used 2 of the blankets, 2 of the toys and didn't wear half of what I brought. 

- Bring onesies!!! I don't know what happened but I totally spaced this. I brought 2 onesies and so I had to wash them because he had a blow out twice. Ha! 

- Have fun and enjoy yourself! Don't stress over the little things and safe travels! 

In 3 weeks we will be traveling by car to Vegas, which will be a completely different experience!


5 comments :

ddahlin said...

Love your colorful sweater (the one with the fringe?!) you are wearing over the lace white top....where did you get it?!

allison wall said...

So fun! So jealous of that warm sunshine! Happy your little man was such a champ traveling! And your hair...!

Michelle Irons said...

I recently found your blog and I love it! Your style is amazing, always so cute! Not to mention your adorable little boy!

Jaimie said...

You guys are the cutest family EVER!!! Looks like so much fun! I think you guys should go work out or go to a movie on Saturday!!!(so I can watch Cope ;)) lol. He's just so cute and so fun to be around :)

After Eleven Blog said...

Did you do anything to prevent ears from popping on the plane? when we flew, we were told to try something and it TOTALLY didn't work. lol