Simmering Christmas Spice Recipe


This is my most favorite thing about the holidays! 

It reminds me of Christmas time growing up. 
My mom would always have a pot of this simmering every night and it filled 
the air with the warm aroma of yummy citrus and spice!

What You'll Need
2-3 Orange Slices
2 Lemon Slices
2 Apple Slices
3-5 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Tablespoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Allspice
1 Tablespoon Cardamon 
^^optional, I like it because I love the familiar scent of Chai Tea^^
1/4 Cup Whole Cloves
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Put everything in a small pot with a about a cup - a cup and half of water and let simmer.

It will soon fill your home with the most amazing smell!
Josh is obsessed every time I heat this up. It literally fills the whole home :)
So yummy and cheaper than a candle ;)

But who am I kidding, this stuff with a fresh balsam B&BW candle = AMAZEBALLS


Also, how cute would this be to give to neighbors for the holidays?!

Just put in some little jars, top off with some burlap tied around the top
and a sweet little note explaining how to use it :)
Oh!
And don't forget to enter THIS fun giveaway ending tomorrow night!










3 comments :

Courtney C said...

Trying this ASAP!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

sounds amazing! now, do you toss it all after using once and just start over each time you want to smell it? sorry if this is a stupid question

// said...

not a stupid question at all! You want to keep an eye on it because if the water gets too low it will burn and smell realllyyy bad ha, but I just keep putting more water in, giving it a little stir and I usually keep it for about a week :)