This Decision & That Thankfulness

A couple weeks ago I had a pretty tough decision to make. 

Can you believe it's been almost 3 and half months since having baby Copeland!? Me neither!

This: Tough Decision 
I got a little letter in the mail from my company saying my extended 6 weeks were coming to an end, which meant I had to make a decision. Josh and I have been going over this for the past 6 weeks.

Let me just say, I love working!
It's something I've always done and have always enjoyed. I especially loved this job. I loved the girls I worked with and the managers and the company in general is just a great company! But I called the sweet HR lady and gave them the news that I have decided to stay home with our baby. I'll admit, I'm scared. With Josh still in school, money is going to be a little tight these next few months. But I know we will get through it together. I'm extremely grateful to be home with my little guy. I love waking up to him and seeing his sweet little smile and listen to him babble away and "tell" me all about his dreams :) but I think I will also miss working too.
I had been planning on going back to work ever since I found out I was pregnant.
There wasn't a question in my mind about it.

But when it came time to actually go back, I really had to pray about this decision.
Part of me really wanted to go back to work but a lot of me really wanted to stay home.
I feel guilty for my decision, but I know I'd feel guilty if I went back to work as well.
Josh has reassured me a hundred times over that he prefers me home with Copeland.
I am so grateful for him and his reassurance that this is right for our family.

He only has a year left until he is officially out of the engineering program.
Hallelujah! It cannot come fast enough.
Especially now with Copeland here, we are ready for daddy to not be cooped up in the office all night studying :)



That: Thankfulness
I cannot tell you how grateful I am to our Heavenly Father for watching over our family.
I have felt so blessed this past year being pregnant, bringing Copeland into the world and now 3 months later. Little things that may go unnoticed have been so greatly appreciated.

A year ago in December, Utah County welcomed the UTA FrontRunner train.
This has been such a blessing for us.
Josh attends the University that is 40 ish minutes from our home and having to pay for gas for the drive back and forth 5 times a week is so ridiculous. We were talking just today about how lucky we are that they put the train in at the same time I got pregnant.
We are so thankful for that!
Without it, I definitely would have had to go back to work to be able to afford the gas for Josh's car.

I am so thankful that I was able to bring Copeland into this world.
I cannot even imagine how big of trial it must be for families who are unable to have children or
have struggles with fertility. My heart goes out to them and I want them to know God hears their prayers. Everything happens for a reason. Although we may not ever know the reasons, he does have a plan.

I am so thankful that I have a husband who is obsessed with our baby.
Every morning he kisses him goodbye and everyday he comes home to cuddle with him.
He changes diapers without me asking, he rocks him and sings him to sleep, he is just such a great daddy.
I'm thankful that he has so much love for this tiny spirit.

Josh tells me all the time how happy he is when he comes home from work to me and Copeland.
He says it makes his whole day to come home to Cope's smiling face.

I'm thankful that Josh works so hard to provide for our family, and although I may not get to have everything I want ;) I have everything I need. And that will always be and is more than enough. How thankful I am that we have diapers and wipes for Copeland, that we can go grocery shopping for food to fill our tummies and that we have a warm home to sleep in every night. 
These are all blessings to be thankful for.

I'm so thankful that I live so close to my mom and sister and for the relationship
we have with each other. They are my best friends. I can talk to them about anything and everything.
 I'm with them almost everyday while Josh is at work and It's going to be extremely hard when my sister moves in January.

I am so grateful for my dad, and although he lives far away he is a huge part of my life.

I'm very grateful that I have such amazing in-laws.
I love them so much and love spending time with them!
They are always so supportive and willing to help with anything that we may need.

And lastly I am so grateful for God.
He answers prayers.
He listens.
And he is always there for me when I need him.
Our families have experienced some hard things in the past year but you always have to remember that God is good. He wants you to be happy. He is there for you and wants to help you get past the hard times. 
To have faith in God is one of the most important things that I have learned in this past year. It is the thing that has helped me overcome the negative in my mind and has helped me see more positively. When you have faith, you have peace in your life. Everyone has hardships, everyone has trials. But to have faith in his plan is to have love and peace in your heart and mind. 
I am thankful for the faith I have in him. 

I feel so blessed and lucky right now.
Although motherhood can be challenging and exhausting, it is so joyous and beautiful.

I never knew all the time and energy that goes into having and raising a child. But it is such a beautiful gift.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We ware headed to Idaho in the morning to spend time with
Josh's dad and we are sooo excited for some turkey and pumpkin pie!








3 comments :

Corianne Burton said...

Aww! Good for you Natalie... I'm a work-from-home mom too... and it's the hardest thing I've ever done, AND the most rewarding. You'll never regret it!! :)

Kate Fischer said...

I'm so happy for you and I will keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and that you are continually blessed! Beautiful fam nat.

him & her said...

My husband is in medical school, always gone or cooped up in his office studying, and I'm a stay-at-home mom as well - I completely understand!! It truly is the very best, though! Happy for you and your little family with this choice of yours!