Comfy Cozy Blanket



I LOVE Aden + Anais swaddle blankets! 
I'm so excited to swaddle this little boy in them :)

But I really wanted to have a thicker blanket for winter time
so I made this comfy cozy warm blanket, using 2 swaddles and some organic cotton fabric :)

It's thick, warm and so soft + the cute designs of Aden+Anais make this blanket so adorable!!!

What you need:
2 Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets
1 1/4 Yards of Comfy Organic Cotton
Satin Blanket Ribbon 


Lay out one of the swaddle blankets  right side up
onto the organic cotton fabric.
(The organic cotton adds the comfy soft warmth)

Cut off excess fabric.
Note: the seams do not need to be perfect, they will be hidden 

Next, roll out your blanket ribbon the length of one side and cut it, leaving about 1 inch on each side. 
Then place the ribbon on top of the organic cotton side and place your 2nd swaddle blanket on top.

After you pin it, it will look something like this:

So you will have the blanket ribbon inbetween both swaddle blankets 
Pin and sew. One side at a time. 

Make sure to stop your seam about an inch from the corner so you can make your corners come together. 

So now you will open the corner ribbon up, like a filet and fold in the corners to the center. 

Then fold the ribbon back and pin to keep it like that,
Do the same to the next side of blanket ribbon 

You will then overlap the two pieces, pin and sew. 


Repeat the steps for the blanket ribbon until all sides are done and that's it!
But remember to pin and sew one side at a time! 
And pin about every inch. 

The fabric with both the swaddles and the cotton are extremely stretchy 
so it just makes it easier to have pins closer together.



1 comment :

Jayme Norum said...

I know this is like a super old post, but I wanted to let you know that while I was pregnant, I really wanted to do this for my little one. Well, I finally got around to doing it & I loveee the finished product! So warm & snuggly :) Thank you!!