40 weeks and 5 days

Well I'm STILL pregnant and pretty much feel like he's NEVER gonna come out.
I'm dreading being induced. It's something I really don't want to happen.
I'm pushing out my induction date for this weekend instead of 
this Thursday, just to give the little guy a couple more days
to maybe want to come out by himself. 

Please come out by yourself!

I've read and re-read all the statistics and averages for women going into labor.
The average is 41 weeks and 1 day. 
Only 2-3% go into week 42. 
Hmm. 

I've also been reading almost everyday about the impending signs of labor. 
And with every little cramp I feel, I pray another one will come on 
stronger.

Look how excited my husband is! 
We just want him here :)

I feel like everyday is going to be the day.
And with every day that passes, I get more and more discouraged. 
I know no matter how he gets here, I'll be overwhelmed with 
happiness and love, but I would just love for him to come naturally. 
Life just doesn't always work out the way we want though, right?

--------------------------------------------------

The other day, the husband and I just decided to relax 
and not think about it anymore. 
We lounged around and Josh pulled out his 12 string guitar. 
It was so nice and relaxing. 

I'm really trying my hardest to rest and get as much sleep as possible.
But sleep has been pretty much impossible so lounging has become the next best thing. 


Alright, let's hope my next post is all about our baby boy!
for real this time. 



7 comments :

Lu* said...

HI!!! good luck!!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

He must be comfy in there! I remember when I was at the end of my pregnancy, at the end of the day I felt so disappointed that she had not come yet! Hang in there!

// said...

Thanks Kasey! That is exactly how I feel every night. It is very disappointing :/

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

You look like he is nice and low so hopefully it will happen on it's own.

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

I think you might enjoy this post:
http://www.wifessionals.com/2013/08/when-will-your-baby-be-born.html

Diary of a Fit Mommy said...

Yay!

Haylie said...

Hey there! I just wanted to give you some encouragement, I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated for 2 weeks before my little girl decided to come on her own a few weeks ago. I also was having cramps and pressure or false labor a whole week before hand so you could be close! On the other hand I know a lot of people who were induced and although its scary it will all happen as it is meant to and won't be that bad if you are. Hang in there and good luck! ~Haylie