Homemade Chewy Granola Bars

These are amazing!



My mother in law gave me this recipe a while
ago and I finally made them last night!

Really so yum and apparently oats help with breastfeeding! Who knew?!

Okay so what you need:
2 1/2 c. Oats, quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies (I used the chocolate ones)
1/4 c. Raw coconut (I get mine from the organic section at Smiths Marketplace)
1/2 c. Milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. Light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Butter, softened
1/4 c. Honey
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

**You can substitute any of the ingredients for something else.
Like if you don't want to use rice krispies you can use sunflower seeds
or if you don't like coconut you can use flax seeds :)

What you do:
Add all the ingredients and mix together until combined.
Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for 18-20 min.
Cool for 10 min. and score into bars. Let it set completely
and then cut into bars.

They are seriously delicious! I could just eat them all day long :)


No comments :