Summer Time. Finally!

I am so happy it's finally almost summertime!

Until Josh is officially graduated and out of school,
this is will be absolute favorite time because I actually get to see him now :)
No more studying from 4 pm- midnight!!!

He is officially done with his spring semester classes today
but he is still going to take 1 of his engineering classes this summer.
At least it's just one class though!

I can't wait to be out on the golf course with him and spend some days
by the pool with him and just do some fun summertime family things :)

My absolute favorite is going to his softball games during the week.
I've been going to his softball games for the past 7 years
(I can't believe we've known each other that long!).
I love being there and supporting my cute husband :)

Maybe it's the sunshine or the pretty flowers everywhere,
but I am just so happy right now!
I feel so lucky to have him and to have this baby growing inside me.

Pregnancy is so crazy and terrifying. There were so many things that have
happened that I never thought about, was never told, and just didn't expect,
but it's so incredible as well.

Last night Josh and I just sat on the couch watching our little one toss
and turn inside me. It has got to be one of the craziest things in the world.
It is so amazing and such a miracle!

As I get closer and closer to August, I have been feeling less and less afraid and
more excited and happy about bringing this little dude into the world.

Josh always talks to him and tells him he can't wait to play with him and hold him.
It's adorable.

He's also helped me a ton with becoming mentally prepared for labor.
There have many nights when I have little freak outs thinking about the pain
but Josh is always there to reassure me that I can do this. I was made to do this
and that we'll get through it together :)

Anyway, I can't wait to spend nights at home with my husband and our baby.
I get an overwhelming sense of happiness when I think about that.

I don't know how I got to this point in my life, but feel so blessed that I'm here.






1 comment :

Danielle Kalk said...

I was afraid of the pain too. And my son came so fast that I almost didnt have the option of any meds. But I reassure you that the most painful part is the contractions themselves. And they only last 60 seconds or less... Your hormones spike so fast that it all seems to go by so quick. The more active you are now, the easier and the quicker your labor will be. :)

http://kalkchronicles.blogspot.com/