poison apples

So when Josh isn't home, like today
(at a golf tournament)
I like to entertain myself, preferably by baking yummyness

So, are you sick of apples yet? :)
Here's a new recipe I found and tried out!
Candy apples.
Here's what you need
about 6-8 medium/small Granny Smith apples
(wash with soap, dry completey and insert skewers)


4 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 1/2 Cups Water

Add all ingreients into medium pan
Stir until consistency of wet sand
Cook on medium/high heat (stirring occasionaly)
Insert candy thermometer and wait until mixture reaches 300*
Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes 

After cooled for 3 minutes, add food coloring
(I used black, but red would be great too!)
Also if you can get some food glitter, try adding some into this
I couldn't find any, so I did without :( But it would look great if you used some!

Now dip and twirl your apples into the candied mixture :)
Super Glossy!!!

Place on cooling rack (that is set ontop of cookie sheet to catch any drips) 

Voila Spooky Poisoned Candied Apples


Let cool before eating, maybe stick in the fridge for 15-20 minutes :)
Happy Halloween!


So Josh is going to be a firefighter with me for Halloween
But since we'll be in Vegas for Halloween weekend I'm sure we'll go to a couple Halloween parties
I would die if Josh dressed up as this


Edward.
Josh did dress up as an Edward-esque vampire when we were dating
(the things you do for love right?)
But this is too good.
A popped collar, overly done eyebrows and splotches of glitter?!
I love it!!!
(Click on the picture to enlarge so you can see the glitter. It's great ha)
I'm such a fan of these books, but the movies are nothing great.
this costume is just the best spoof of them!


No comments :